The WCC supports and encourages events and happenings that activates spaces, and promotes healthy relationships through social interaction, and activities. It is through these events that we foster a since of community and belonging, making it accessible and inclusive to all diverse populations.
In 2017 City Manager Augustus challenged City staff to create and produce 100 events on the Worcester Common before the end of the year with the launch of the #Worcester100 campaign.
Cultural programming included:
- Let’s Dance: free dance classes featuring: Salsa Irish, Line and Hip-Hop.
- The annual Out to Lunch Concert Series and Farmers Market: Ten events displayed the most diverse program of musicians, performers, artisans, and food vendors;
- Worcester Shakespeare Company and The National Theater of Ghana
- Films on the Common: attracted hundreds of family friendly audiences
- Fall Fest
- Make Music Day
- Festival of Lights: Skating, food trucks, WPS choruses and the evening’s sideshow performers.
The #Worcester100 goal was reached in October 2017.
To learn more about how to plan an event in the city please click the link below.