Arts Education- Making the Conncetion
The Education Committee of the Worcester Cultural Coalition serves to foster relations and programming between the Worcester Public Schools and Worcester Cultural Coalition member organizations.
The cultural collaboration promotes the development of grade level immersive programs called LEAP (Learning through Education & Arts Partnerships). These programs, with participants from all Worcester Public Schools impact all students and provide intensive and interdisciplinary learning experiences through the riches of local cultural organizations and support key elements of the Worcester Public Schools curriculum. Leaps contain pre- and post-visit activities in addition to the experiences conducted by or at the cultural institution.
The Worcester Educational Development Foundation in partnership with the Worcester Cultural Coalition, is committed to engaging all Worcester Public Schools in the arts, culture and interpretive sciences. With generous support from the George I. Alden Trust, the Stoddard Charitable Trust, and with in-kind donations from the Worcester Public Schools and non-profit organizations, students are actively engaged in cultural programming throughout greater Worcester.
- Grade 1 – Mechanics Hall (Introduction to Chamber Music), # Students – 2,055
- Grade 2 – Tower Hill Botanic Garden, a Visit to the Secret Garden, # Students – 1991
- Grade 3 – Old Sturbridge Village, A Journey through Living History, # students – 2,004
- Grade 4 – Worcester Art Museum – Social Media, # Students -1,984
- Grade 5 – Worcester Historical Museum, Building a Community, # Students – 1,823
- Grade 5- American Antiquarian Society: Visits from Isaiah Thomas,
- Grade 6 – EcoTarium, Exploring the Sound of Science, # Students – 1,940
- Grade 7 – Broad Meadow Brook, Using Real Math & Science to Explore Nature, # Students – 1,797
- Grade 8 – Worcester Art Museum, See & Experience Classical, Medieval, Renaissance Art,# Students – 1,698
- Grade 9 – Crocodile River at Local Colleges, # Students – 1,668
- Grade 12 – Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts, Othello, # Students – 1,843
Other Arts Education Initiatives include
- Sowing Seeds of Learning
- Real Math, Real Science
- A Step Back in Time
- Concerts for Kids
- Shakespeare on Tour
- Isaiah Thomas – Patriot Printer
- Music To Go
- Wheels of Learning in Motion